Special Price AED 1,102.00 Regular Price AED 2,755.00Special Price AED 1,102.00 Regular Price AED 2,755.00
AED 289.00AED 289.00
Special Price AED 1,286.00 Regular Price AED 3,209.00Special Price AED 1,286.00 Regular Price AED 3,209.00
These look like just your style.
Choosing an Accent Rug
Flatweave, shaggy, or hand-knotted: a Crate and Barrel rug is an interior essential that will elevate any space in terms of comfort and style.
- A rug can feel super soft and cosy underfoot, making a room more inviting.
- Placed in high traffic areas, like an entranceway, a rug can help to protect the flooring underneath.
- The colour and style of rug can instantly change the look of a room for a stunning refresh and real impact.
What size rug is best?
The best size rug depends on the dimensions of the room.
- Our long, narrow runner rugs are great for hallways or alongside a bed.
- Don’t skimp on size or it could make a room look smaller.
- Try placing newspaper on the floor to mimic the size of rug to get an idea of how it will look.
Neutrals or colour-pop brights?
- Stick with sophisticated neutrals on the floor but add interest by opting for a textural weave.
- A geometric pattern in grey and cream tones is another way to subtly introduce interest.
- Go all out against a neutral backdrop with a bold coloured or patterned rug that will make a statement.
How to place a living room rug
A living room rug unites the interior design scheme. Bigger is almost always best, so ideally opt for a wall-to-wall rug. Avoid smaller rugs or the look can become disjointed. As a guide, one end of the rug should be under the front legs of the sofa and the other should reach to touch other key pieces of furniture.
Practical considerations for choosing a rug
A hardwearing material like wool is relatively stain resistant while remaining soft to the touch. For high traffic areas, such as a hallway or kitchen, our easy to wash cotton rugs are a prudent choice.
For even more great ideas and inspiration, check out our ideas and advice blog.